Sunday, November 13, 2011

cheers to a lovely (pee-filled) weekend




DSC_0500
DSC_0473
DSC_0460
Outfit details: Gap Skinnies, F21 Shoes & Scarf, Basic White-T underneath
Trench bought at Wilson's Leather Outlet (bought @ 35$--originally 180$)



A few things about my weekend:

- Enjoyed a LOVELY afternoon with my Dad. It was fabulous. I hope next Sunday is the exact same: we visited Aunt Nikki, had lunch at our favorite restaurant that has the most awesome toy room with trains and Dora VHS (haven't seen them in YEARS), then played with the train set at the book store. I bumped into Jeff's co-worker's wife Stephanie who said we should make plans! I got a little excited(!!!) because I loved spending time with them at the baby's Halloween party.

- The end of our wonderful Sunday was not as fun. I now have to wash the pee out of my military jacket. Here is what I tweeted (for those of you that don't follow me on twitter):
What I learned today: always check to see if you have a diaper before you complete the diaper changing process. Disaster. Pee everywhere.

- Rushed home to put the little missy in the bath, had a late supper, snuggled in bed. I got so much love. I got three hugs while snuggling. Oh my goodness. There is absolutely NOTHING cuter than the feeling of little itty bitty arms around your neck giving you a huge squeeze. I swear to God. My life feels complete. I don't know what I am going to do when she moves out. Probably remember these moments and cry a little. Okay maybe a lot.

- Enjoyed a non-fat no-whip peppermint mocha...in a Christmas cup! Shame on me for enjoying Christmas consumerism but I just can't help it. The little red cups just warm my heart. I get so happy when I see them.

- The little girl started calling her Dad's fiance Mommy. She's been calling Jeff Daddy for a while now. I asked his fiance whether she's done it before since I only heard it for the first time on Saturday and she said she had done it "a few times". I just hope it came out of my little girl's mouth first--if that was the case, I have nothing but joy for both of them. It's definitely more magical hearing her say it when it comes out of her own will--I remember being totally shocked hearing her call Jeff Daddy. She'll decide what she wants to do when she's old enough to make up her own mind anyway. Jeff and I say if she wants to start calling Jeff by his name, then that's fine. We just want it to be her choice. I sincerely hope we're all together on that decision. Either way, she'll have two Moms and Dads her whole life... so trusting these people stay in her life, it's a beautiful thing.

- I find it ridiculous that I'm fearing to post the previous paragraph. I haven't said anything wrong. If anything, I've been very accepting and honest. Speak up if you disagree!

- Cleaning up my state of a room. Here's what I've done so far: wiped out my closet of clothes I don't wear (too short, too small, worn out, untouched, not my style anymore), put it in the spare room for my friends to pick through, moved summer clothes to a different section, removed clutter. I plan to: make a box for clothes too small, clothes too big and clothes that need to be altered. Really, what is the point of keeping those items with the other stuff? If I don't want to let it go, it should be boxed up until it can be worn again.

- Question: Does it matter where I drop off my unwanted clothes? There's a few options. The Diabetes Clothes bank, the salvation army clothes bank... I think we have a bank for single Mom's too somewhere but I don't know where it is. Anyone know anything about this? Where's the safest place to drop it so that it will get into someone's hands that will really use it?

How was your weekend?! Did you do anything special? Anything reminding you (or making you excited!) about Christmas?

xo,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment; I really appreciate it. I do my best to follow up on each one.
xo Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...