Monday, September 5, 2011

Poppy Tomatoes








DSC_0190

DSC_0243

DSC_0173

DSC_0229

DSC_0215
DSC_0301
Outfit details:
Skirt, Shoes, Jewelry - F21
Bandeau, Jean Jacket - Urban Planet
Purse - Spring; Shirt - LuLu*s

It's funny how I can be at a total loss for words when I have so much to say! I don't know where to start.


Oh wait, yes I do. Look at this ombre hair I have going on.

Today was amazing. A dream. I had the most fun. My lovely, amazing friend and hairstylist Alyssa Ashley is starting a blog (I will let you know when it's up and running) and she went to work on us today. MAEGAN and I! I finally roped Maegan in to model with me! *cheers* I styled her, Alyssa did her hair, and she was breathtaking. I am envious of her legs. And Alyssa's talent. And our photographer's talent, Alan Boulos. Wow. I can't wait until I can share the photos. I took a little sneak peak while he was shooting. I was in awe and I know they're only fresh and unedited, but even still... So good. We shot at Alyssa's grandmother's house. What an antique GOLD MINE. It was so amazing. The furniture was breathtaking. The chandeliers...in every room. The shiny wall paper. The mirrors. Honest to God. Oh just you wait. Can you tell I'm excited?

Kelly and I took these pics when we were out for lunch on Friday. It was great fun! It pays to look the way you want to--my feet ended up with huge blisters (breaking in new shoes) and my skirt kept twisting around on me and riding up...so annoying. I may have to give it away if I can't find a way to control it! Such a shame, but there has to be some level of practicality to your outfit IMO! Oh clothes. Our love hate relationship.

Okay, also, this is really good: I woke up at 8:00AM to find myself snuggled up in bed... in peace... wait, what? This never happens. I look around and I am... alone! When I went downstairs I asked Jeff why he didn't wake me up. He asked if I had enjoyed sleeping in... I looked at the clock again, because I hadn't read it wrong; it was 8:00AM. He said he was up at 5:30AM listening to the baby talking about Dora the Explorer. Thinking nothing of it, he went to try and put her back to sleep. When he went in she said "POPPY TOMATOES!" meaning, he guessed, that she wanted to go pick the fresh tomatoes in his Dad's garden. They picked a bowl of tomatoes, put out the garbage and bought me breakfast all before 8:00AM. Don't I have the best hubby? Every time she looks at Jeff's Dad she says Poppy Tomatoes so we aren't sure if she thinks that's his name or if she's just obsessed with picking his fruit.

Completely unrelated but...
Today I am so happy to be a blogger! So thankful to the people who have watched my video.
If you missed it, I sing Adele's "Someone Like You" in this post. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.

All of my love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment; I really appreciate it. I do my best to follow up on each one.
xo Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...