Saturday, August 20, 2011

back to the basics

Maegan and I went thrifting today and found some pretty sweet finds. I'll show you in a post tomorrow (pretty excited about it actually) and you will proud. We had an awesome time. Pizza for lunch; the man with the awesome Bulgarian accent gave us free dipping sauce. Can't say no to that. Found a garage sale on the way home... Can't say no to that either.  I got the best stuff (thank you Maegan, IOU). You'll have to wait on those. Can't give too much away. I found some DIY projects.

Oh, and a sewing machine for 20$. I have no idea how to sew. I learned in 9th grade but that has been forgotten. Online tutorials? Anyone want to share their knowledge? I'm pretty crafty so I'm thinking it should be fun to learn.

This 30x30 is HARD! How does Kendi do it? How has she done it so many times! I'm not even doing it for 30 consecutive days... Every time I go to the 30 items, I look around me and find something else in my closet that I love and want to wear. That tells me... the challenge is great. Just hard.






Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Outfit detials:
Shirt - Smart Set
Shorts - Queen's Wardrobe
Shoes - Spring
Bracelet, Feather Earring - Forever 21

Photo cred - Maegan (thank you)

Just to show you that I do have a daughter and that I'm not pretending to be a Mom in my spare time :) I simply don't feel comfortable sharing her pictures and hope you understand.

Photobucket


Results: This is how my hair turned out after yesterday's french ponytail do. I straightened my bangs a little, but you don't have to do that. Your hair shouldn't be frizzy if you add Moroccan Oil or Small Talk to your ends before you attempt it (I tried to smooth it with hairspray this morning; these pictures were taken after our long day of thrifting so it held up okay). I forgot the products yesterday (rushing, tired) but doing this to achieve a wave is a great alternative to a braid if you don't know how to do them. I also find sometimes braids get smaller and frizzy on the bottom, so if you want something even and more natural-kinky, here ya go! Also, I'm no hair stylist; I know how to achieve looks in the laziest way possible. Best thing ever: Shower, throw in a few ponytails, sleep, wake up, la la la, hair is done.


What do you do with your hair when you're just having a lazy day?

Until tomorrow,
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
xo,
Courtney

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous outfit!you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH. Those shorts - breathtaking. Don't be surprised if one day they disappear. (Sorry if that's creepy, I promise, I'm sane!)

    xx
    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice casual look :)

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment; I really appreciate it. I do my best to follow up on each one.
xo Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...